Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Always New...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Ok, earlier I wrote about re-reading an old favorite book and seeing new stuff, but today I sat down and read a verse I have MEMORIZED...and saw a new application.

This ties in just a bit to last week's jaunt to the ER; my follow-up with the cardiologist was today, so while I was in the youth sanctuary for prayer time I was understandably somewhat preoccupied with the upcoming appointment, in which I hoped to do a few minutes on a treadmill and have some answers.

I want to KNOW what is going on.

Because, you know, there is a certain amount of 'freak out' that happens when scary physical things manifest that no amount of mental rationalization can quite eradicate.  Knowledge that it really and truly is an innocuous event is about all that will counter the freak out.  Because, as humans, we are always playing Worst Case Scenario.

So it was interesting to me that the study guide for one of the books I'm reading took me to Proverbs 3:5-6, which is the theme verse for the high school girls' class that I teach.  I smiled and just wrote it down.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Suddenly, that little phrase lean not on your own understanding jumped right off the page at me, and this verse that I have applied so many times in situations where I didn't quite know what was coming next spoke right to my spirit about trusting Him through this little journey that I seem to be taking with my physical body.

Especially when I went for my appointment and the doctor mentioned that there were some things that weren't absolutely normal noted in that report from the ER and ordered a round of testing and monitoring, which will be scheduled tomorrow after insurance approval.

This is not what I intended for the fast to be like.

But I trust Him.  And I trust Him to let me know what I need to do each step of the way.  So I am not going to try and figure things out ahead of time, but take it...one. step. after. another.

No comments:

Post a Comment