Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not to be Shaken...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I will admit to being a bit, um, shaken by the events of the last 48 hours.  I went back to work today, which is staff prayer day,  and sat down  in the sanctuary during that quiet time before we come together to pray corporately and found myself asking God what was going on...I wanted to have faith and believe that it's all going to be alright, but my human spirit was not feeling very faith-filled.  And this was really a pretty minor thing, considering none of the lab work showed anything out of the ordinary.  I just don't like uncertainty...and I was trying hard to fight that off

This time, when I opened my little NASB office Bible, it fell open to Acts chapter 2, and this is what began the page:
I was always beholding the LORD in my presence; For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.  Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted; moreover my flesh also will abide in hope. (Acts 2: 25 - 26)

One more time, God used His Word to speak directly to the questions and issues of my heart.  I know this is not the best way to hear from God, but it is more objective that journaling in some ways; there's no way I subconsciously picked that verse. 

God is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken

That prompts a mental picture of a dad running alongside a bicycle, ready to steady his youngster's wobbling ride.  The only difference is I will NEVER cease to need my Father alongside of me to steady me when I wobble...and He will never fail to be there.

1 comment:

  1. It is such a blessing when we need a verse and He gives it to us! I am glad that you received what you needed when you needed it. God bless you,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete