Friday, April 2, 2021

Blogging Bible Study - Digging in the Desert ...Final Reflections

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


 I am looking at that photo...the one that has been the icon, more or less, of the desert study, and realizing that this is probably the last time I'll link it.  It feels odd; we've been in the desert since August of 2019.  There has been a LOT of stuff happen since we embarked on this little exploration. The world is not the same place at all.


And it's uncanny to me how many times the very place we happened to be looking in a given season matched up to the events of that season (especially when we were in Jeremiah).

I also found it interesting how the passages that mentioned 'desert' seemed to connect; it was, after all, just a kind of random selection...but still,  even though the verses may have come from different chapters of a book or even a different book all together, somehow...they worked together.  And more than once I saw a connection that I had never noticed before.

This is the first time I've ever done a word study on this scale; I am very glad to have done it, and will recommend to anyone if you have an inclination to do a word study through the whole Bible...do it.  So what if it takes a year and a half?  You'll see stuff you wouldn't have seen otherwise.

As for me, next time I find myself feeling like I'm in a  desert season or a dry place...I'll know it's time set apart for me to dive into my relationship with God, to learn to trust him and lean on him and become closer to him.

I was talking to my mom on the phone a few weeks ago and she asked me what I was going to study after I finished the desert series.  I told her 'I have no idea.'  I still have no idea what's coming next...but I don't doubt that something will be stirred up pretty soon. 

Thanks for hanging with me on the journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment