Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Opinions Solicited, lol

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi     


 

Ok, it's late Wednesday and I just realized that I have promised myself a weekend to see if I can get through phase one of the Great Sewing Room migration (moving my production area from the nook at the end of the laundry room to a now-unoccupied bedroom upstairs)...which is cleaning out the room I am using as a cutting room so that we can get the bunkbeds out and I can actually begin to seriously consider how I'm going to arrange the room for sewing purposes.

Which has nothing to do with the faith blog, but everything to do with why I'm not likely to be putting up a post on Friday.  I have accumulated enough hours that I can leave work pretty early tomorrow and get a running start on it, so that's the plan.

But I did think I would brave the crickets and do a little audience brain picking...I have no idea what I'm going to focus on for the next study...as random as it sounds, so I thought I'd just ask and see if anyone has any topics that you'd  like to wander through in my typical 'join me as I explore this' manner.  I'm not asking what you want to seriously study...because if you feel called to do a serious study that likely means you need to pull out your own tools and dig that garden yourself.  No, this is more of a brainstorming session in which I'm looking for a random inspiration.  Most of the studies I've done have be been rather randomish, bee-in-the-bonnet kinda things that took on their own life as we dug into them.  So, if you want to throw some random something in the comments, I'll put it in the stewpot and see if something equally random or surprising comes up.

Otherwise, I may just close my eyes and pick a book, lol.

I used to do week-long quarterly internet breaks; that doesn't seem to fit into the current lifestyle for some reason, but maybe a four-day break is doable.  Hopefully it will be productive enough that I can get all the fabric, scraps, patterns, etc that have migrated into that room cleared out enough to remove the last remnants of  'kids bedroom' so it can take on a new life as the sewing den, lol.  

So...what out of the box thing sounds like an interesting Friday ramble?  Go! :-D

Because Facebook wants a pic to post with the link...and just to hint at why I missed posting two Fridays in a row...here's a picture of me and My Sweet Babboo vacationing just two weeks ago today.  It seems like it was ages ago already. If you had told me on Jan 1 that we'd be hitting the Disney parks in March I would've laughed uproariously at the absurdity of that idea.  But somehow, without really intending it to happen, we found ourselves in Orlando.  Where every photo of us hides our faces, lol.  What a memory to look back on.

3 comments:

  1. I’ve been studying about prayer lately. Other than that, I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm....a study looking at the prayers recorded in the Bible? That would be interesting, but how on earth would we find them all? I might put that in a file to do down the road; and then just record the prayers as I come to them on the next 'read through' of the Bible, and go back and look at them in depth later. That's a Real Idea...

      Delete
    2. ...But I think I'd have to do Prayers in Psalms as its own study, lol, cause that's like, the whole book...

      Delete