Friday, January 13, 2012

Faithful Friday Faves - 2 Peter

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

As I read through 2 Peter this time, I was really hit with the poignancy of the book; it is truly Peter's 'last words' to the church, as he knew his martyrdom was imminent.  If you have time, read through it  (it's only 3 chapters) with the mental picture of Peter sitting in a prison cell, knowing that when he left it would be to go to his death, pouring the burden of his heart to those he has discipled in the faith.

How incredible, then, are these words:

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.  - 2 Peter 1:3

I think my prayer in response to this has got to be something like

Lord, let me be satisfied with those things that YOU say I need and not be pining for what I THINK I need...and give me discernment to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment