Sunday, August 6, 2023

One down, one to go...

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

The day started off with a bang...a howling wind-and-rainstorm.  But things settled down by the time the appointed hour arrived.

Photo creds to his sister, The Princess.

It was a very sweet wedding.  They were married in the church she grew up in, with her dad officiating.

The ladies of the church put together a fantastic reception in the basement.  One commented to me that the bride was 'the church baby'...born shortly after her parents came to pastor; everyone watched her grow into the lovely young lady she is now.  Love was very evident all around.

I commented to My Sweet Babboo that The Actor's Little Red Haired Girl is an actual princess.

I confess, I had kinda leaky eyes through the ceremony.  I didn't when the girls were married, much to my surprise.  But I think it was her dad who moved me to tears.  He held it together really well, a barely discernable effort only threatening once.  But I know of some...difficulties...they are walking through, and to hear him speak of the wonderful adventure in front of the kids, knowing full well that life is hard but the work is worthwhile, really touched me.

Fortunately there was a box of kleenex on the front pew, lol.

They went away for the weekend, but will head home tomorrow. Their actual 'wedding trip' will be to Colorado in October to see the eclipse.  So totally in character for them.

I still have laundry to catch up and decor to store.  But there's another event on the horizon, so...well, I'll get it caught up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment