Friday, November 25, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two: Ephesians

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Our little flying skim through the books of the Bible looking for a verse that particularly resonates each week has brought us to Ephesians.

I may well have studied Ephesians more than any other book, lol.  I teach a class at church on beginning Bible study skills and over the course of that 10 week class we go through Ephesians three times.

So I wondered which verse would stand out to me as I read through it this week, and the one that tripped the wire was this one:

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.  Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit. -- Eph. 1:13, NIV 84.

"You also were included"...that is balm to my soul right now.  Doesn't matter what happens on any earthly situation...I am included.

And so are you.  All it takes is real belief....the kind that gets deep inside and becomes foundational.  The rock upon which the house is built. When that happens, we are sealed in him.  

In.Clu.Ded.

No comments:

Post a Comment