Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two: 1 Corinthians

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


At various times in my life, when I questioned whether or not I am a profitable servant of the Most High, a Bible verse has landed in my life from one source or another that spoke right to my insecurity.  On more than one occasion, it was a particular verse from 1 Corinthians.  A verse that, to be honest, I forgot was from 1 Corinthians until I hit it when skimming through.

And once again, I find myself in a need of a little encouragement.

So I got it.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you.  Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.  -- 1 Cor. 15:58

Even if you don't see the fruit, even if it seems to be done in a corner, even if it gets wearying, know that your work done in Him is  Not. In. Vain.  

If no one else notices, your work is not in vain.

If nobody appreciates it, your work is not in vain.

If it seems to go nowhere, your work is not in vain.

If it's done out of love and obedience to HIM...HE sees.  So stand firm and don't give up.  It's worth doing.  For Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment