Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday Faithfuls 2 - Galatians

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


If anyone ever needed any proof that Paul could get salty...all they need to do is read Galatians.  Arguing against requiring non-Jewish believers to follow the law of Moses, Paul gets quite...emphatic...in his language.

But the verse that caught my attention today was 2:20 (NIV 84) - 

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Y'all.  Just take a selah and ponder that verse for a moment or two.

What RIGHTS do I have, as a believer, if I am crucified in Christ?  If Jesus is living through me?  If everything I do originates in faith in him?

Not from a legalistic standpoint...that's the very thing Paul argues against in the entire letter...but from a standpoint of love and gratefulness for what he has done?

How could I possibly look at the one who loved me and gave himself for me and say, 'I just want to do (fill in the blank) because it will make me happy.'

And, you know, the (fill in the blank) could be anything from, say, reading a bunch of salacious tales on Reddit compilations to  carrying a grudge against someone who caused emotional pain to jumping into an illicit relationship.  Doesn't matter.  If it's not in obedience to him,  how can that action be reconciled with being crucified with Christ?

Definitely worth a selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment