Friday, March 4, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two: Proverbs

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Proverbs.  

How on EARTH does one select ONE Timely Verse from Proverbs, which is a collection of Timely Verses?

I know, I set myself this challenge so I shouldn't complain about it, lol.  

So... in my quick skim through Proverbs, I encountered several verses that I really  hadn't pondered before, and almost chose one of them...but in the end, I decided to go a foundational bit...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  -- Prov. 3: 5-6, NIV 84

This was the theme scripture for the high school girls class I taught back in the day, so it's pretty ingrained.  But it is SO counter-intuitive.

We want to figure things out.  We want to know the 'why' for everything.

But knowing the 'why' makes life a question of reason, not faith.  And there are some 'whys' that are absolutely beyond our comprehension.

God says...trust him, even if we can't imagine a legitimate 'why'.  Even if we don't see 'how'.  Even if it doesn't make sense.

Because he sees EVERYTHING.  From the beginning to the end.  He knows stuff we don't know...can't know.  Even if he told us, we wouldn't get it.

When the one who Knows Stuff says 'Trust me', it actually DOES make sense to acknowledge that I *don't*  Know Stuff and trust him.


No comments:

Post a Comment