Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two: Psalms

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Wow, I thought, Psalms this week.  How am I going to decide on a verse from Psalms?

I opened my NIV 84 to the first Psalm and literally got hit between the eyes.

Maybe it's because I'm still pondering immersion, but the very first few verses challenged me enough that I stopped there.

Pondered it all day and really, I think it's what I need to talk about.

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law meditates day and night.

-- Ps. 1: 1-2

Talk about immersion.  

Meditate on God's law day and night.

Pay attention to your companions and don't let them pull you off into  ...unwise...positions. 

Delight in God's law.

DELIGHT.

Wow.

Most people don't think 'delight' when they think about Bible study. It's generally a mix of obligation, drudgery and guilt, if we're honest.

But the one who delights in God's word is blessed.  Because, honestly, if one's delight is in God's law, one's closest companions are not likely to be folks who are wicked, unrepentant or scornful (that's the  King James for 'mocker').

I think that's the likely anchor for immersion in the true kingdom...delighting in and constantly pondering God's word.

It's where immersion starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment