Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two: Song of Solomon

 Posted  by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


I skimmed through Songs and found a verse that intrigued me...then discovered it was translated just differently enough in other translations to change what I thought it meant, so I pulled up the Blue Letter Bible site to check the interlinear/ Strong's dictionary and, whoa, that Hebrew is beyond my puny level of comprehension.  It has several untranslated Hebrew words that have no equivalent in English because they just indicate something about the structure of the sentence.

Anyway, over my  head on that one, so back to 1:1 for another skim through, lol. So I picked a verse that had been referenced by one of our associate pastors who spoke Sunday morning.

Who is this coming up from the desert leaning on her lover? -- SoS 8:5

He referenced it in a discussion of what happens when one wrestles through something with God...it leaves  a limp as a recognition that we cannot function on our own...we have to lean on Him...and he referenced SoS 8:5.

So many things happening on so many levels has convinced me that the root of the human nature is to insist on doing things independently of God, attempting to be self-sufficient, self-made, out from under God's authority and instruction, defying him in big ways and small ways in the process.

A humble limp,  a daily reminder of who God is...and who isn't God...is a small exchange to discover the privilege of leaning on the One Who Loves...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment