Tuesday, October 5, 2021

It grows on ya...

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


 

Just got back from a weekend conference at a place I was sure I'd never see again after we discontinued the girls ministry program we were doing back in 2014...but the boys ministry is still active and my hubby is involved.  So we went to the annual conference for the folks who work in that ministry in churches statewide...at the same conference center/ campground where I took the girls in the classes I taught to summer camp back in the day.

It's the 6th year I've gone.  Coming home, I reflected back on 2016 when I knew just a couple of folks who went; this year, I was greeting friends that I don't often get to see.  We laughed, we played games, we traded coffee cups, we prayed for each other, we listened to exhortations.  

And the conference has grown; I don't know if it's twice as big as it was when we went in 2016 but it's not too far short of it.

At first, I went because My Sweet Babboo had gone without me and wanted me to go.  The first two years he went, it was the same weekend as our church's annual women's conference.  But in 2016 it was a month later.  So, I kinda had no excuse.  I went because he wanted me to.

And, you know, it wasn't bad.

We went back the next year...and the next year...and now, I think of it as one of the best weekends of the year.  If we weren't able to go for some reason, I'd miss it.

And it is nice to get to walk around the pretty conference grounds again.

I didn't think I'd ever get to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment