Friday, October 29, 2021

Faithful Fridays Two - Joshua

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Joshua is such a good book...if you don't let yourself get bogged down in the allotment of land and cities.  Over and over...when the Israelites followed God's direction, they had astounding success.  When they tried to do things on their own, they made a mess.

But in skimming through, what jumped out at me this time was in chapter 14... good ol' Caleb.

"Now give me this hill country that he LORD promised me that day.  You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."  -- Josh. 14:12

45 years ago, God had promised him that land (see verse 10).  Now it was time to see the promise fulfilled.  But Caleb wasn't expecting it to be handed to him...he was ready to go out and fight for it himself.

Because he KNEW God would give it to him if he did.

Now...I've been in a season where I'd pretty much decided that there are some things I've been hoping for for years just aren't gonna happen. I don't have a verbatim promise, like Caleb, but there have been small things over the years that kept the hope alive.  Just about every time I'd decided no, that's not going to happen...some small little word would come my way that kept the hope light burning.

Thursday was just such a day.  In staff prayer, I thought again of this dream of mine and told myself that it was still born and I just needed to get over it and move on.  But then...a friend spoke up in prayer, specifically praying against stillborn dreams.

You see???  How can I throw it away when stuff like that happens?

I just need to be ready to work it out when the time comes... hopefully that will be before I'm 85, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment