Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Not Quite Believing It

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

So.  This is the week.  Friday morning I get on a plane (I haven't been on a plane since 1999...) and head to Dallas for a week of creative worship workshopping.

And I'm taking a huge deep breath...it doesn't seem quite real to me.  Yes, I've wanted to do it for several years.  But...it really is a huge step out of the comfort zone.

We will present an original song to a board.  We will have guitar classes (I have a guitar that I pull out and play with it...as opposed to actually playing it...every once in a very great while.  I think I remember the C, G, D, F and A minor chords...). I'm not going to be at the top of either of those efforts.

But it's good.  It's good to be challenged, to be put in a position of taking risks.  Especially when, really, I'm not looking for validation as a worship leader or song writer or musician.

I'm just looking for the kick in the backside that will knock the melancholies out.  A fresh vision to take the place of the one that has gone away.  Courage to not take that personally.

Yeah, I'm still fighting that.  It's crazy, but, well, it's the truth.

So I'm pushing past the comfort zone and headed out into something way different for a week.

I'm hoping I can articulate it when I get back. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment