Friday, September 19, 2014

Week of Praise: Day 5

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It' the OMNIs that get me.

How could we not praise a God who is all the OMNIs?

(all scriptures today taken from the NIV 84)

Omniscient -- all knowing:

          The LORD is a God who knows - 1 Sam 2:3

         ...for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. - 1 Jn 3:20

       Plus a multitude of individual verses that lists all the variety and extent of His knowledge.

Omnipresent -- existing in all places at once
  
         Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?
          If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed on the depths, you are there.
          If I rise up on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
          Even there, your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. -- Ps 139: 7-10

         'And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.' - Matt 28:20

Omnipotent -- all powerful

          But our citizenship is in heaven.  And we eagerly await a Savior from there,  the Lord Jesus  
         Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will
          transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.  -- Phil 3:21

         Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God
          and was returning to God;   -- Jn 13:3

          Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his -- Dan.2:20

Plus another multitude of verses describing various things over which God has power.

There is NO ONE ELSE, not on earth, in earth, under earth, above earth or in any other realm who has all knowledge and all power and is present wherever one could possibly go.

And this incredible, unfathomable, OMNI Person...loves and cares for...me.


No comments:

Post a Comment