Monday, March 9, 2009

Jubilee Monday #28 Dare to Dream

I've mentioned dreams of the heart before in connection with Jubilee, and once again that theme has recurred. Sarah posted about dreams, then challenged her readers to articulate their dreams, even offering the opportunity to be a guest blogger to discuss it.

Which once again made me consider dreams of the heart.

It's one thing to cheer on someone else's dream, but it's entirely different to put my own personal dreaming out there.

'Cause, by and large, I haven't even been brave enough to define it to myself.

I read The Journey of Desire several years ago, then picked up the companion study guide/journal and began to seriously work my way through it. It's taken me literally years to get even halfway through because I keep stopping, finding it very difficult to actually write down what my dreams are. And I'm rather ashamed to admit that when I do finally write an answer to the latest question that stumped me, it is a beat-around-the-bush, vague thing that technically answers the question without exposing anything. (Does that mean I'd make a good politician?)

I tell myself I don't know, but I think the truth is I'm afraid to look. 'Cause then I'd be responsible.

So, maybe in my remaining few months of Jubilee, I need to be willing to risk admitting to at least one dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment