Friday, August 2, 2019

It's Time for Another Study...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I just had a sad revelation...it is August, and I have not done a single online study yet this year, other than the quick little look at the Hallel during Holy Week.

And, you know, I can tell.  I miss it when I'm not digging and discussing.  Even a one-way discussion is enough to make me ponder and think.

The trouble is, I cannot decide what I want to dig into.   Do I want to do a book study?  What book?  Or shall I pick a topic and run with it?   Or maybe a character study?  Or, maybe an obscure book, one that is not often considered?  I feel a lot of interest but no direction, if that makes sense.

The only real tug I have, and it's not clear, is 'desert'.  The biggest surprise to me on the Israel trip was the incredible beauty of the Judean desert...and I'm wondering if my thoughts on the desert experiences recorded in the Bible will shift now, after having been there. 

The verse that echoed over and over in my spirit while we were there was Hosea 2:14...I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there. 

Sometimes these little nudges end up leading to the most amazing places.

So, maybe I will call this one 'Desert Digging'. 

Because, you know, I will dig around in the concordance to even see what I'm going to be writing about.  So, over the next week I will either come up with a plan...or just jump in and see where we end up.

Since I have felt for some time now that I am in a rather desert-y place...maybe this is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment