Monday, July 7, 2014

Clogging up the Works

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I thought I could get around it by focusing on a Bible study.

But no.

I can't write the next Bible study post because The Transition is what's occupying all of my journal space and word smithing.

Even though I am trying not to have those imaginary conversations...

This is the last week of the 'fasting and keeping silent', but I'm not sure how much I will talk about it once I've passed the limit.  It's going to be difficult, however it plays out.

Not only because it hurts so doggone much, but because  ANYTHING I say could be misconstrued or misinterpreted.

And I am determined to do this right.

Because it would be so easy to get 'in the flesh' and do it wrong. But there is no closure in going that route; it only increases the potential for damage done.

So.

I will just say that two books, both of which I have read some time ago, have been influential in how I'm working my way through this. 

Both are by John Bevere... Under Cover, which is about being under authority, and Bait of Satan, which is about the trap of allowing oneself to be offended.  The principles taught in those two volumes have been extremely helpful in this season.

And I have had one revelation myself.  Yesterday in worship, I realized that so long as I keep focused on Jesus, on what the Holy Spirit is saying to me through this, I am at peace and contented, recognizing that all things are working together according to his purpose.  It's when I look around me, trying to decide who's responsible for these decisions and why and what is the impact it's going to have on folks I care about and...and...and...that I become upset and grief stricken and angry and all those things that go with it.

So that's a no-brainer, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment