Friday, July 18, 2014

Just the Facts, Ma'am

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Just returned from a great week at State Girls Camp;  the seven girls who went conquered their fear and rode the zip line across the lake, knocked pool balls into the carpet ball pit, discovered that 'blob' can be a verb,  shot out of the end of the Wet Willy slide, paddleboated, made new friends, learned that 'za' is a word in Scrabble, and heard some powerful teaching on their identity in Christ from some amazing ladies.





And, in a very late meeting after all activities on our last night, they also learned what is coming in the future for Girls Ministry at church.  Now that the girls have heard, and I have emailed their parents, I thought I would explain what the shifting transition that has been so much in the forefront of my prayer and seeking time has been.

We have had a reorganization of sorts that began last year with the shift of 6th graders from the Children's Ministry to the Youth Ministry; early this year,  Girls Ministry came under the umbrella of our Women's Ministry, where it truly belongs.

As part of the shift, there has been a decision to revise and relaunch our ministry program to girls.  The new program will kick off after our Girls Ministry Advancement on Aug. 6, and there will be details about the exciting things they will be doing at that service.

However, this program will only go through 5th grade, and at this time there are no plans to continue a girls ministry-type program for girls in grades 6 and up; they are encouraged to attend and become fully involved in our youth ministry program.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to have been able to hang out with the young ladies in the Friends and Girls Only clubs; they have truly blessed me and kept me on my toes.  They will forever be part of my heart and in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment