Sunday, July 27, 2008

In an Essay Frame of Mind

Our annual women's conference at church is coming up early in September. It appears that will be a break from the usual this year. I don't know all the details, but I do know that it, well, just feels different!. I discovered one of the new ideas this past week when I went by the web page last week and noted that there is a call for essays from 'young' women about what they have overcome/how God has worked in their lives.

Now, I'm not a young woman by anyone's standards (well, maybe Methuselah would consider me young, but he's not around to ask). But when I checked on it, I found that an essay about something from *when* I was young would be a good thing.

So I decided to write up two and submit them, just to see what comes of it. One will be just a slightly re-written version of the Mark it Up and Consume it posts that I wrote about learning to dig into the Word for myself. The second will, I think, be an essay about an answer to prayer.

Maybe I'll run that one by on the blog first before the week's over, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment