Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bible Study: The Five B's

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

By saying I was seeking direction, I really thought I was looking for the next book-of-the-Bible I was to dig into and study with those who drop by here. But I kept getting a big blank answer when I asked about what book should be next.

What I kept being drawn to, however, is preparation for the women's conference.

I tried to argue my way out of that, since only the ladies who live locally will likely make it to the conference, but that's ALL I'm hearing in my spirit right now. So, maybe I'm supposed to prepare myself for the conference and just present it for whoever else might need it.

So...our conference this year is titled 'The SHE Revolution' (SHE = 'Seeking His Embrace'); I'll quote from Pastor Leisa's Invitation: a conference dedicated to empowering us to be everything that we were born to be…brave, beautiful, bold daughters of God. You are His baby girl. You are meant to be passionate, nurturing, unique, beautiful, creative, and free. To be loved and too love others so extravagantly that the world around you can’t help but be changed. You were meant to laugh, to dance, to have fun with your sisters, and to eat chocolate…lots of it... This is for all of us. For daughters, mothers, sisters, and friends who need to know that true revolution comes when we allow the embrace of God to be our source of worth.

I have no idea who is going to be speaking at the conference this year; in years past, we have brought in special speakers, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen this year. As I said in an earlier post, this is...different. The vision for this came from some of the associate pastors and it is coming with a freshness, a newness that this is not our usual women's conference.

At our last women's ministry meeting, the associate pastors spoke on preparing for the conference, and they listed the 'Five B's' that characterize a woman of God. I've got six Tuesdays before the conference, I think I'll take one 'B' a week, and study it out...that'll leave the sixth Tuesday for a conclusion. I really don't know what kind of a conclusion I'll get to at the end. It'll be interesting to find out.

So, Here's our Syllabus for our 'Five B's' Study:

July 29 -- Intro
Aug. 5 -- B1: Brave
Aug. 12 -- B2: Beautiful
Aug. 19 -- B3: Bold
Aug. 26 -- B4: Bride
Sept. 2 -- B5: Becoming
Sept. 9 -- Conclusion

I'll be honest...I haven't tackled a study quite like this before. So I'm stretching myself a bit...or, rather, I'm being stretched, which is a different thing. Anyway, I'll welcome anyone who wants to join me on the 'Five B's' and comment along as we go!

4 comments:

  1. I see so much potential in the conference invitation! We ARE to laugh and play and sing! WOW!

    The Five B's for conference preparation offer much thought provocing potential. I look forward to what awaits us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I could only see my spelling errors BEFORE I publish. Please edit in your head as you read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hardly thought of the conference yet! You make me get excited as I read your post!! It's going to be a great one!!! :)Have a wonderful week!!!
    Love ya,
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    This is great - I am looking forward to what comes out in the weeks ahead!! Thank you for serving us this way ;-)

    L

    ReplyDelete