Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Putting away the suitcase....

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Y'all. It has been busy in these parts.

Let's see...I did post about the girls' trip to Florida to surprise the Flute Player for a significant birthday...but since that time we have not slowed down much.

Three weeks later we spent most of a week in Gatlinburg celebrating our anniversary


Where, of course, we spent a day at Dollywood and enjoyed, among other things, the famous cinnamon bread.  That was just the week before we lost Dolly...

My Sweet Babboo had a Royal Ranger training in south Georgia the next weekend. 

Then it was Labor Day and we spent the holiday weekend on a last trip to Elkhart to collect the final bit of stuff from the house that is now on the market.


It's funny, you'd think the rooms would look bigger without anything in them but they all looked smaller.  When our two older kids were in the market to buy a house, both of them were looking for a house that felt like that one.  Hard to do...it's pretty much a one of a kind, I think.

But now the 'oh, have you just moved in?' chaos at my house has expanded out of the living room again.

The weekend after Labor Day was the annual women's conference at church...Thursday night through Saturday afternoon.  The following weekend we loaded the car with goods from Elkhart that were going to the kids in Florida and drove it down, then we had almost a week at the time share next door to Animal Kingdom with the Florida crew.  Since we all have Disney annual passes, we made good use of them.


We got home on the last Saturday of September, ran a few things through the laundry, then left again to spend last weekend at the annual Royal Ranger leaders state conference, which is *always* a great weekend... with a little bit of zany fun mixed in....


And amongst all of this I am still merging duplicates from the spring's data migration.  Making progress...slowly.  But now I get to focus on cleaning/ purging/ rearranging things in the house so that we can get all the stuff that's just sitting around worked into usefulness.  

I have 7 weekends until Thanksgiving.  If I want to put the Christmas tree up in its normal place ...that's how long I have to get things worked around.

Just gotta break it down into small bits and tackle it one day at a time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment