Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday Faithfuls 2 - Revelation

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


At last we have arrived at the final book in the Bible; we've skimmed through the entire Word.  It's been over a year and a half on this journey; next week I'll just post a list of all the verses that spoke as I skimmed through.

But this week... Revelation.  So deep.  The time table starts when the Lamb takes the scroll to open it.  Seven seals are opened, each a herald of an event or sign...and the seventh seal was seven trumpets, each trumpet a calamity, with the last three being so intense they are referred to as 'the three woes'...and the seventh trumpet portended the Seven Last Plagues....the Bowls of Wrath.  And with the last bowl, this is what we read:

The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!" -- Rev. 16:17, NIV 84.

I did a double take on that verse, because it made me wonder if the word there was the same as the word in John 19:30 ("It is finished!"),  tetelestai, from the root word teleo (Strong's G5055),  and I thought that would be a really cool note.  But the word for 'It is done' in Revelation 16 is ginomai (Strong's 1096).  I was a little disappointed that my hunch was wrong...until I read down through the list of references and discovered a different connection.

It's Matt 5:18 - "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

The word translated as 'accomplished' is...ginomai.

And that seems like an even more powerful connection than my idea would have been.  Rev. 16:17 reflects the fulfillment of Matt. 5:18.  At that point, EVERYTHING will have been accomplished, fulfilled, completed...done.

And I didn't even think along these lines when I went back to that verse, but...it's a good one to end the series with, lol. 

Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment