Friday, August 12, 2022

Friday Faithfuls Two-- Zechariah

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi 


Back in the day, when I was teaching youth Sunday School and the curriculum kinda sorta covered the whole Bible every six years, the book that I struggled the most to teach was Zechariah.  So much specific prophecy that was full of crazy imagery.

But for all of that, it is an encouraging book...a book about restoration.  And the bit that caught my eye as I read through it this week was in chapter two:

"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion.  For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.  "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people.  I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you."   - Zech. 2:10 - 11.

One of those verses that is rather vague in its time reference...it clearly could be speaking of the earthly ministry of Jesus, but it could also be talking about the world after his return.  In any case, as someone whose roots are largely Celtic and not at all Jewish, I find great comfort in the  promise to 'many nations', a concept that Paul will later develop in his writings.

Even in the Prophets, 'many nations' are included....

No comments:

Post a Comment