Wednesday, October 9, 2019

We Got Mousified...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It's been, like, 3 weeks now and I am still trying to catch up. Doesn't help that we launched right into the middle of one of the busiest months I can remember in the recent past.  It's not the busy of a Big Project..it's the busy of a myriad Small Projects, short trips and approaching holiday preparations....Christmas production tryouts?

I've managed to squeeze out a couple of the Desert study posts by writing them in small bits over the week and then posting, but I didn't make it last week...and the next couple of weeks are iffy.

So...thoughts on the trip to see the mouse in Florida...

We planned for, like, almost a year.  First it was the reservations themselves...then it was the dining reservations...then it was the fast pass selections...and the installment payments...the hotel reservations for the trip down and back...the arrangements to board the cat at the vet's...watching the tropics to see if we were going to get hit by the tropical storm or merely sideswiped...and then it stayed off the coast all together and we barely had any rain.

The Princess and her hubby are serious fans...in fact, she has done the training and is now a certified vacation planner for all things, um, relevant to the mouse.  So they Knew What To Do.  The Actor had been once with a church group 5 years ago; My Sweet Babboo and I had visited the mouse back in March of 1982, when there was only one park down there.  So that almost doesn't even count.

The Artist and the Flute Player had never been.

We had tickets for the 'exclusive event' they do from mid-August to Nov. 1...and, honestly, the 'exclusive event' had the biggest crowd and longest wait lines of the week we were there.  But it was fun to dress up in a character costume and interact with castmembers a bit.  And the fireworks were jaw-dropping.

We actually saw 4 major fireworks shows.

We ate some incredible food.  Yay for the dining plan...we would have cheapskated it had we not had that all covered.  We also ate some of the cheapskate food...it was handy at the time...there's definitely a difference between the good stuff and the cheaper stuff (which, honestly, ain't cheap).

We got to go to the edge of the galaxy and 'flew' the legendary smuggler's ship. I even came home with a light saber that I assembled myself...the 18 year old inner me was totally geeking out.  That may actually  have been my favorite bit.


We had a lot of fun with our kids plus one, and I suppose it's possible that we could do it again.


But not for a while, lol.

A week back...Christmas auditions...then another weekend away...Alabama Royal Rangers Lead Conference.  The 'fun activity' for the event was...skeet shooting.  But they also had some target shooting w/a .22 rifle.  Now,  growing up,  shooting guns was not an approved activity for girls.  I think I snuck in a bit of  tin-can pinging with a BB gun at some point, but that was it.  I didn't brave the shotgun, but I managed to hit the iddle bitty .22 target a fair number of times ..for a first timer, lol.


And it's not going to slow down for another 2 ish weeks.  More random busy for the rest of the month.  But...then it will be November, and at least  the only real crazy will be Christmas production prep.  Oh, and Thanksgiving, lol.

All of this is basically to say I will do my best to be consistent with the Desert Digging posts...but if they fail to show, well, I'll get something up as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment