Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Everything We Need

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi
I'm still whaling away at the Counseling class in my Master's of Ministry program.  I should've finished it by the end of January, so I'm behind.

The text for this class, however, is a deep word. I just can't charge through it.  It wants slow, considerate reading. And it keeps coming back to a basic text:

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.  Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in this world caused by evil desires.  -- 2 Pet. 1:3-4

If I were doing the scripture memorization challenge this year, this passage would make my list.

I've been pondering it off and on as I've been reading...slowly...through the textbook.

Do I really believe I have everything I need for life and godliness?  What in my life shows that I do ...or do not...believe that?

But there are some sort-of qualifiers on that.  I have what I need through my knowledge of Him Who Called Me.  So if I don't have all I need, or don't believe I do, that's not a reflection of Him Who Called Me, it's a reflection of how much I have pursued knowledge of Him.

If there's something I feel like I need... either I don't really need it OR I'm pursuing it instead of pursuing the One who holds it.

Either way, I need to look at what I'm pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment