Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SSMT 2015 - Verse 12: Ps 121:3-4

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

...and I'm a day late AGAIN for the next installment in the Siesta Scripture Memory Team for 2015.  My, goodness, time is flying by so fast I'm losing track...

But I'm moving on to the next two verses of Ps . 121...

He will not let your foot slip -- He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep  -- Ps 121:3-4 NIV 84

I wish, sometimes, that that verse said, 'He will not let your tongue slip'...oh, wouldn't that be wonderful!  Not that I have goofed up there lately...but I have a meeting coming up and I would really like assurance that my tongue will not slip. But He's guarding my feet...it's up to me to guard my tongue.

Still.  If He is guarding my feet, then I have to believe that this is the time and place that the meeting should happen.  So if it's the right time and the right place...then I kinda have to trust that whatever He has put in me is the right thought for the moment.

All I have to do is make sure I don't wander off into what *I* think or feel.  Omit opinion and stick to reality.  Because truth is truth.

And He who guards my feet will not let me slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment