Tuesday, June 2, 2015

SSMT 2015 - Verse 11 Ps. 121:1-2

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Well, I've commented before about how quickly the time is passing, often as I post the bi-weekly verse at the last minute on the due date.  But June 1 blew right by me without even a nudge to remember to post my SSMT verse.

I've been mulling over memorizing a longer passage for a while; and I think I'm going to spend the next two or three months working on Ps. 121.  It's one of my favorite psalms, and  I think I've used one or two of the verses in the past.  But I want to learn it all.

So, I'm going to take it two verses at a time, which means today's...or, really, yesterday's...SSMT verses are

I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth  -- Ps. 121: 1-2 NIV 84

I've heard verse 1 rendered as if the psalmist is looking for help to come from the hills, but that's not it.  He looks at the hills, but he knows that all  help comes from God who made those hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment