Tuesday, March 24, 2015

When the shoes don't fit...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I ordered a couple of pairs of sandals from the mega online shoe store;  since my shoe size is pretty much a 6.5 W, that's about the only way I can find shoes in any kind of variety in my size.

But, being a bit chicken, I ordered both pairs in 7 W.  One is going back to be replaced w/6.5 W as it is patently too big, but the other is precisely the right length but a bit pinchy.  Not a true Wide.

But they are so cute.

So whaddya do to see if shoes that are a little pinchy can stretch?

You put on socks and see what happens.  Thin ones first, and then thicker, if you can.

Even if the pinchy shoes aggravate some chronic foot issues for a bit in the process.  Because if they *will* stretch, they will be golden.

Um, pun not intended. Well, maybe pun kinda sorta just a little bit intended.


And...just because I'm in a philosophical mood tonight, I began to think about extremes we will go to in order to 'fit' into social situations or groups that pinch.

Do we dress differently?  Talk differently?  Behave differently?  Treat people differently?

Do we put on masks and pretend to be someone we're not just to 'fit'?

I'll give these shoes a couple of days with the sock treatment, but if they don't adjust to me I'm sending them back.  Life is too short to go about with aching feet...and, since the neuromas will most certainly flare up if I'm not careful about wearing the shoes for short times, these have some serious foot pain potential.  Unless they stretch.  Unless they conform to ME.  I'm not going to grit my teeth and make myself pretend I fit THEM.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind... Rom. 12:2a NIV 84

ETA 2 days later...the shoes stubbornly refused to stretch.  I did a STEM treatment on my irritated neuromas, and sent the shoes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment