Sunday, March 15, 2015

SSMT Verse 6 - Romans 8:26

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Having a deadline to choose a memory verse results in interesting verses to learn. Those SSMT deadlines seem to come around awfully fast, and I don't have a consistent strategy to use to pick the next verse.  Sometimes it's one that has been speaking to me over a period of time or it's one that is in a recent teaching I've heard; in which case I've got the verse picked out ahead of time.  But  sometimes I just go Scripture-cruising looking for one that seems to be meaningful in the moment.

Today, I decided to find a verse that I haven't memorized yet, but probably should have.

The one that I came across that seemed to fit that category is Romans 8: 26 (NIV 84):

In the same way, the Spirit helps in our weakness.  We do not know what to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

That is incredibly comforting to me.  Yes, it's familiar and I've heard it over and over, but, you know, sometimes for the Word to get in you, you've gotta get it IN you.

It's in the spiral now.

No comments:

Post a Comment