Friday, April 4, 2014

In the midst of change...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

One of my favorite Christmas movies is The Muppet Christmas Carol.  There is something at the end of it, though, that has suddenly felt very  real-life...when The Spirit of Christmas Yet To Come moves Scrooge from one place to another, the whole world that they're in skews and spins and they walk through the twisting and come out in the other place as the world rights itself behind them.  They haven't changed a bit, but everything around them is different.

In a couple of key areas in my life and personal ministry, I've felt like things have begun to skew and twist around me.  It's odd and unsettling, because I'm not sure if I'm going to just walk through all the shifting and changing and come out on the other side basically as I went in or if I'm going to get caught up in the swirl and land with  a whole new assignment in another area all together.   Or even if I'm going to get shelved for a season.

As it has seemed to pick up momentum in the last few weeks, the memory verse for the current Friends Club (middle school girls class) unit has been a real 'word in due season' for me --

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.  Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.  -- 1 Cor. 15:58 NIV 84

So even if the current assignment comes to an end...in a different way than I had pictured...on the other side of the shifting, it has not been useless or worthless or without fruit.

Even if I don't necessarily see what the fruit was; even if all appearances are that it really never worked.  Even if ...well, even if whatever.  Nothing done in Him is ever a wasted effort.

Even if it appears to be invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment