Sunday, June 16, 2013

SSMT Verse 12 - Prov. 31:8 - 9

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It's 11:57 PM; I am just squeaking this in tonight...

Can you believe we are halfway through?  Unbelievable.

I actually had another verse picked out.  One that made me squirm under the discomfort of conviction just a little.  But I wanted to verify the reference, and as I was flipping through the Bible on my way  to just make sure that was right, I came across another verse and I had to switch.

So, instead of the other, this week's verse is Prov. 31: 8 - 9.  The verses that come right before the Wife of a Noble Character.

Earlier this week, I came across a blog post about the gendercide that is happening on a global basis and was really grieved.  But, like most folks, I don't know what to do about the grief.

Somehow, this speaks to that....

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.  Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

I think I am too guilty of allowing myself to feel too small.  I don't know what difference I can make...but maybe even just a little difference is enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment