Friday, March 15, 2013

Verse 6 - Is. 64:4

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I sat down today, in the back of my head thinking I would post something about food or eating or some such thing, and my reading for today was in John chapter 6, where Jesus announces that he is the bread of life.  Perfect!  I read it carefully and, while I really enjoyed the reading and had a fresh recognition of the need to consume the Word, not one of  those verses jumped off the page and presented itself as my next SSMT memory verse.

So, I had some reading left to do in Proverbs to finish it up for this year's portion of the Bible Survey and I thought I  might find something there.  So I flipped back towards Proverbs, and, wouldn't you know, my eyes alighted on a verse on the way that DID jump off the page...

Since ancient times, no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him -- Is. 64:4 NIV 84

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here...it will be interesting to aggregate them all together at the end of the year and see if there really is an over riding message...

PS.  I'm turning the word verification back on...I didn't mind deleting the daily 'visit my site' spams so much, but when it gets vile and obscene then I'm done.  I didn't get any more 'real' comments without it, so, in the interest of keeping my blood pressure down, I'm axing the robots... my apologies for the inconvenience to anyone who wants to leave a real comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment