Friday, March 1, 2013

Verse 5 - Ps. 122:6 - 7

Posted By Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I stumbled across a verse today that I've heard repeated many times; I even have it underlined in the NEW Bible.

But sometimes something familiar suddenly comes into sharp focus.

Verse 4 was about building my own house and opening the door; today as I passed by Ps. 122 I suddenly realized that I should not be praying for my own house alone. And, although I surely must have noticed this before, it hit me fresh today that this verse isn't just an instruction TO pray but also an instruction of WHAT to pray.

A good passage; I've heard the first part all my life, I think, but it's time for me to commit the whole thought  to heart.  So here's my SSMT verse for March 1:

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: 'May those who love you be secure.  May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.' - Ps. 122: 6-7 NIV 84

No comments:

Post a Comment