Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's gonna be a great day...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I had lunch last Friday with a friend, who told me that her brother's father in law, whom I'll just call George, had just been diagnosed with advanced cancer and given approximately one month before the disease claims him.

I don't know George, but my friend said that he is a wonderful, godly man who has been an incredible mentor for her brother.

Then she said that, just after hearing the news, George took his wife by the hand, looked into her eyes and said, 'From here on, no matter what happens, every day is going to be a great day.'

That was a huge challenge to me.  In one moment, I saw what a whiney wimp I am so much of the time, letting petty aggravations harass me and keep me from making the day great.

How much time do I waste fretting over the darkness, when I am commanded to be a light?

When will I get it through my head that, really, every day IS a great day...no matter what?

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it - Ps 118:24


1 comment: