Friday, May 18, 2012

Lookin' for some breathing space

Doesn't everybody call their mom on Mother's Day?  If you can, of course...and if she lives out of town such that you just can't pop in and say hi...

So, I called my mom.

And do you know what she did?  She said she was worried about me because I've been so busy.  And she quoted scripture:

...What you are doing is too much.  You...will wear yourself out.  The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.  Ex. 18:17-18 NIV

The scary thing is...I suspect she's right.

But I haven't a clue what to do about it.  Jethro at least offered Moses a viable solution to his situation; I'm not seeing one for mine.

So, my personal prayer for the next week or so is going to be for some wisdom here.  Some guidance.

And some backbone.  Because there are two words that I apparently need to add back into my vocabulary:

No

Help

;-)

1 comment:

  1. I will keep praying for you in this endeavor. When I get to feeling that something has got to give and it is NOT going to be me, the words "No" and "Help" get LOTS easier to utter.

    Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete