Friday, July 18, 2008

Flashback Friday #7

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I picked up my journals today not just looking for something 'good' to share, but looking for a word from the past that I needed to hear again. And there were lots of things that don't lend themselves well to a blog post (waaaayyy too much back story involved!), but when I came across this phrase I knew it was for today:

God puts a high premium on foolishness

That was in a long chunk of notes taken at the Morningstar New Year's conference held in Jacksonville, Fl in 2000; it appears to be from the New Year's Eve service itself, but I don't have any indication of who spoke it. It's one of several nuggets that were written down rather randomly under 'Sun. Eve.'. Here are some more:

Revolutionary kids have revolutionary mentors

Stop cursing the 'wall' --it's a gift: this apparently inspired the following personal revelation:

The majority of my problems are mouth-induced:
-cursing myself
-others speaking negatively
-criticizing others multiplies judgement back to us.

*A critical [i.e., a word given in condemnation, not loving correction] word is always wrong -- even if it's correct*



And I might as well list the other three on that page:

You bear fruit out on a limb.

You gotta pick up the snake to go and free the people of God

Focusing on inadequacies is the opposite of faith.


Hm. Sort of a smorgasboard of flashbacks today...take whatever you need at the moment. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment