Monday, October 9, 2023

Where's Lisa Been???

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I told ya it was going to be a crazy fall.  

We're almost through it.

First...this happened...

Photo courtesy of The Princess.  I didn't pull my phone out to take pictures...

The Artist and his Dancer married on a bluff overlooking the Tennessee River, on a lovely day with eagles hanging around.  Couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting.  And, yes, I did finish the dress on time...barely.  (If you haven't read that post yet, click through...I'm not going to retype the shenanigans The Artist pulled on his family in the ceremony, lol).  To top off the weekend, I had to be at church early the next morning to get folks registered for the quarterly baptism service.  So, yeah. Crazy.

I thought I would get stuff done the next weekend.  My Sweet Babboo was on a Royal Ranger campout, so I had the weekend to work on a project for a friend, catch up the laundry that didn't get done over the wedding weekend, clean up the sewing room, write the next Heart blog post...

But, well, a few weeks ago I listened to a Makers and Mystics podcast on which Stephen interviewed Sam Smith, who'd written an epic series about anthropomorphized rabbits.  Think Redwall, not 
Watership Down.  After listening to the podcast, I bopped over to Sam's website and ordered the books.

And then forgot about them.

Well, Thursday night, on the brink of my 'I'm going to catch up' weekend...those books came in the mail.

So guess what I did on my 'catch up' weekend....

Had a very late night, but I can report that the good guys win, albeit not without cost. and I might even have shed a tear or two in the final boss fight...er, last battle.  I found the books easier to get 'in to' than the Wingfeather series, if a bit long in descriptions in places.  Overall...good books.  

I'm calling it a mental health break, lol.

I did get the dress  hemmed for my friend (it was a rather crisis thing and she had no one else to do it.  I made her promise not to tell who did it, lol), so it wasn't a complete washout, but I did NOT get the laundry done.


Then this past weekend we went to the state Assembly of God conference center for the annual Ranger Commander/ wives conference.


We had a cold front come through, and I managed to catch the resulting mist dancing on the small lake yesterday morning.  It's such a pretty, restful place.  

We had a fair amount of free time, so I dug into another book...



this one was 'suggested' to the church staff.  It's...interesting.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through it.

The wifi/ cell signal is not terrific up on the mountain where the conference center is, but the news about the attack on Israel filtered up to us in pieces.  We had a little over 50 folks from church on a tour of Israel last week; they were headed to the airport to start the trip home when the attacks began.  They did manage to get out, after a bit of time in a bomb shelter at the airport.  They were on what turned out to be the last commercial flight to leave on Saturday, but they are all home safe.  I am gobsmacked by the details coming out about that attack; remembering a quote from the Lord of the Rings movies...'What can men do against such unreasoning hate?'  


The photo is from my trip to Israel in 2019.   When they first announced this year's trip, I told my hubby..."this is our trip.  We need to go."  But then both sons decided to get married this fall, so a trip to Israel just wasn't going to happen for us. Who knows now when or if we'll get to make the trip together. This could get very bad...but we can pray.

I don't know if I will manage to get the next Heart post up before the end of the month or not.  We still have some crazy left to get through; but at least the rest of the crazy should be somewhat fun...

All that to say, yeah, I'm still here and I'll post the next few instalments in the series when I can...around the laundry, I'm sure. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment