Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Faithfuls 2: 1 Peter

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


It's Easter Costuming season so my posting is sporadic.  Taking a sewing break to reflect a bit on the first epistle written by Peter.

I landed on two verses and debated which one I should post; ten years ago, I picked THREE verses that all contained a particular phrase.  One of those verses struck me today, but for a different reason. I was kinda bummed that I used it the first go round.  Then I happened upon  a second verse that stirred up some thoughts but seemed kinda...heavy...which one should I use?

I decided to go with the more positive of the two and, if it breaks my rules, well, I kinda did that already by picking three verses the first go round. So there's wiggle room here, lol.

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.   - 1 Peter 1:13, NIV 84

That one struck me completely because of recent events...the revival/ awakening that seems to be happening on various college campuses.  When it started,  I suddenly had the feeling that we don't have a clue what the much - mentioned 'End Time Revival' is really going to look like.  We've been expecting an outpouring like...well, like we've seen before.  But I have a feeling that THAT event is going to be nothing like anything that has happened since Pentecost.

Think about a massive dam suddenly fully opening all the flood gates.  Nothing can stand up to that outpouring. Nothing influences it.   It just...goes.  

The thing that hit me. all at once, was that...we've had it wrong.  We've been praying for God to send revival; God IS going to send revival; it's coming. On his timetable.  Maybe we should be praying for God to get US ready for the revival that's coming.  

That verse hit me as a confirmation of that thought.  We need to be prepared...for the revelation of Jesus that's coming.  We've seen the light, dimly, but when he says, 'NOW' the floodlights are kicking in.    We'll see what we haven't been able to see. Priorities will shift. We'll hear what we haven't been able to hear.  Fear will fall away.  Because we will experience the actual manifest presence of God himself.  We will know more than we can even guess right now.

I don't know if it's started.  But I think we're at least hearing the rumble in the rails that it is coming.

Are we ready?  'Cause when it starts...everything changes...

No comments:

Post a Comment