Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Blot of Mustard or an Underdone Potato? Or Something Else?

 Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It's been a minute since I posted a dream...to be honest, it's been a LONG minute since I had a dream even worth writing down. But this one stuck with me and when I accidentally hit 'New Post' instead of 'Stats' when I dropped by today I thought, 'Ok, I'll do it.'  Make of it what you will...too much news late at night?  A blot of mustard or underdone potato?  Or something worth thinking about?  

I don't know.  But here it is...

I dreamed I was a part of an international police task force tailing a terrorist cell around Europe. At times, we were closing in on them; other times, they nearly cornered us.  Ultimately, we learned that they intended to blow up an ancient church building in a remote village.  

This was not a cathedral or even a very large building, but it was old.  There was only one clergyman there to officiate services if anyone came.  We tailed the cell to the church for an evening service.  They were planning to go in and covertly plant explosives, but they had weapons in case the authorities involved them in a shoot out.  They were all wearing purple t-shirts and zip front purple hoodies, and a good number of them...thirty or so...headed into the church before an evening service.  We were in plainclothes, and our team leader sent us in to keep an eye on them. 'Don't worry, ' she said, 'I have a plan.'

Within a few minutes a whole slew of people from my home church began arriving (even in the dream, I wondered how they got there...to this remote village in Europe...from our town in the US, lol).  I tried to warn them not to tip off the people in purple that our leader had sent them, but they seemed unconcerned about that and were excited to attend the service. They were expecting to see God work.  The normally deserted church was full of people, between the people in purple, the folks from church and the handful of special agents.

On one hand, I thought it was brilliant...with so many people there, the terrorists could not plant their explosives without being seen. But on the other, I was worried that they would feel threatened and blow up/ shoot up the place with the people in it.  But as the service started, the poor clergyman was at a loss at having so many people, and the folks from our church took up a worship song and just began singing and praying.  One by one, they all went over and embraced one of the people in purple, praying over them.

The terrorists were completely rattled by this and didn't know how to deal with it.  Most of them slipped out and away but a few of them actually stayed with the church group and returned to the US with them, ending their relationship with the terrorist group.  Then I woke up.

Here's what struck me about the dream...the church was old.  Neglected, nearly abandoned.  The 'terrorists' were, by and large, kids between the ages of 12 - 16, with just a few adults as leaders. They seemed to want to avoid harming people, but they did want to destroy the old church. The folks who came from our church were not pastors or leaders, just regular folks who attend Sunday Services.  Some of them were even rather irregular attenders.  The actions of those regular folks...caring for and praying for the people in purple... routed the threat and even reduced the opposing force...which was mostly comprised of kids who had been radicalized.   I have no idea if the color purple was significant, lol.

I am pondering this one today...

No comments:

Post a Comment