Thursday, September 24, 2020

Heart of David report...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

 


 

 

 I will post a new Desert musing tomorrow; meant to explain why I missed last week well before tonight, lol.

Back in OCTOBER, we got a notification that Morning Star Ministries was going to have a 25th anniversary conference...commemorating the 1995 Heart of David Worship and Warfare conference that literally changed the way worship was done in so many ways.  We immediately felt we were to go and signed up.

It was supposed to be in April... the weekend after Easter.  It got rescheduled for last weekend (17th - 19th).

We had a long debate about whether we were actually going to go.  We have tried to be super careful; Hubby is still 100% working from home and we haven't even been back to church yet; still watching from home.  And there were going to be a BUNCH of folks there, although they did split the attendees between two different areas of the conference center that is the Morning Star headquarters. 

But, ultimately we decided we needed to stand on the first call we felt...after all, God knew then that COVID would be an issue and we went.

Drove up in the outskirts of  Sally; we did give ourselves two days so we didn't have to leave early and  that also meant we had time to take a longer southern route to avoid the rain soaked interstate AND the worst of the storm.

If you go to their You-Tube channel, you can see the sessions...at least, the ones that were in the Atrium, so I'm not going to go into detail about those.  I will say the Thursday night session with Jason Upton was really good...he actually talked about The Desert  a little bit, which was cool.  The other session that really spoke to me was the Saturday morning session w/ Stephen Roach, who has an online creative collective with podcasts and such... The Breath and the Clay   It may be that his was the session that I needed to hear...part of me, as always, has been questioning lately if I should really be trying to focus on creative stuff, since what I do create just doesn't seem to go much of anywhere.   What is the point of writing a book if I can only get 12 people to read a blog?  So...I was getting discouraged.

But, no, he reminded me that the creativity is an expression of who God created me to be...and if no one else is inspired by stuff I create, so be it.  Create anyway, he said.

His ministry is sponsoring an online workshop next month and...without any idea of what it might entail, I signed up.  So whatever seeds were sown are going to get some more...watering, lol.

But now we're self-quarantining, more or less,  because  you, know, those were faith-not-fear people and we were two of about twelve, maybe, that we saw actually wearing masks.  The rows were spread out but the seats in the rows were side by side.  We sat in the back row...in the Atrium, which was 4 stories high and presumably well ventilated.  But there were people there from all over, so I'm working from home for two weeks.  

So...back to the desert tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment