Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Where I've been...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


Well, last weekend was the National Royal Rangers Lead Conference...an event for all the Senior Commanders (there's a new term now...maybe it's 'Outpost Coordinator'?) from around the country (and even a few from other countries; we hung out with a guy from Australia) to come together to get encouragement and strategy.  In the last year, our church has upgraded My Sweet Babboo's title in his work with our Urban Ranger program (a ministry to low income boys) from 'Deputy Senior Commander' to 'Senior Commander' since he is responsible for that ministry...which means that we were now candidates for the National conference.  They had a program for wives, so, well, I went too.

I got to hear three of the main sessions; the other two I was with the ladies.  But those three sessions gave me enough meat to chew for quite a while.   It's not often that I get to hear someone who is addressing leaders of leaders and the messages I heard were top notch.  It was definitely worth the trip.

But beyond the speakers, it was really neat to see the heart of so many guys for the boys in their outposts.  They were passionate about teaching the boys what they need to know to grow up in a difficult world.  It WAS encouraging.

Then...we hopped in the car as soon as we dismissed at 11:30 and beat it south...trying to get home before too terribly late, as we had to get up extra early to be at church in time to collect a church van to meet up with choir members and drive to our westernmost campus...an hour and fifteen minutes away...where we joined their team for worship Sunday morning.  The first 'choir tour' to connect with all of our campuses.  I don't know who thought Daylight Savings Sunday would be a good time for that, though...still, we persevered...lol.

My laundry now overfloweth, though. Time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment