Friday, March 2, 2018

A Bit of a Break...then a New Study...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi 


2/4/18 - before the first service in the still-being-renovated facility; what used to be the cafeteria at the high school, now the lobby....

We made it.  All the stuff.  All the people.  All the equipment.  Well, the guest WIFI still  isn't up and running, but it's in progress.

We're still probably 3 months away from completion of the gym-to-sanctuary conversion; who knows how long before we have all the 'coming soon' features are running as planned and all the functions that are currently in temp spaces moved to their permanent locations.  But we're here.

And our board has done an incredible thing.  They're giving the staff a week off, to catch our breath and rest.  Not all at once...in a rolling rotation of 1/4 of the staff a week for four weeks.

We've been given instructions...make it a mini sabbatical. Spend time in prayer.  Go dark on social media. Get away for a day or two.

Sounds wonderful.

My turn is next week.  So I'm going dark on social media, effective Monday.

Not that that makes a huge difference here; I've been pretty 'dark' for a while.

We have reservations at a state park for the end of the week, but My Sweet Babboo has contracted a rather nasty respiratory bug so I don't know if that's going to happen.  But I'm going to be more or less offline, so even if we don't get over to the river for a couple of days, I'm going to get a break.

I thought I would spend some time pondering the next online Bible study; I haven't done one for a while and I'm feeling the void.  But yesterday in staff prayer I suddenly realized what the next book should be.

We've crossed the Jordan, now it's time to settle in and take the land.

I thought about doing a syllabus; sat down and started putting one together but then I thought, 'What's the hurry? We can do one chapter a week.'

So, starting two weeks from today, join me as we jump in to Joshua.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment