Wednesday, June 22, 2016

One Down, On to the Next...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi


I finished the first course of the Master's degree program last night;  I actually enjoyed the class.  But, then, blogging and all...a class on writing was not a real stretch.  Plus, I really liked the textbook (Keys to Great Writing, by Stephen Wilbers) and plan to keep it handy for reference.  All in all, a good first step.

But the rest of the classes on the course list were...intimidating. I mulled around a bit over which course on the list I wanted to tackle next and decided on Biblical Interpretation.

I downloaded the syllabus, which includes the name and ISBN number of the textbook...but not the author's name.  Popped over to Amazon and typed the name into the search bar and was shocked when the image of the book appeared.  Didn't I already have that????

A quick look at the bookshelf and...not only did I have it, it was ready to hand.  I'm not sure how long that book has been in my possession... years, I'm sure.  I haven't actually read it through; however, a fair amount of the material is included in the  International Inductive Study Bible, and  I've been slowly marking my way through my copy of  the IISB (NAS version) for something like 15 or 20 years, so I'm very familiar with the Inductive method.

Familiar enough that I almost felt like I was reconnecting with an old friend.

I'm actually glad to be required to read it.

I think this class will be ok, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment