Friday, February 12, 2016

All Things New: End of Part 1 (Genesis)

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I've come to the end of the book of Genesis in the discussion of new beginnings; but there are many, many more stories of reversal and starting afresh.  I mean, my goodness, Exodus is all about that new start  for Moses, Aaron and the people of Israel. 

So, while I'm going to shift my focus now to other things, I may at some time in the future decide to pick it back up again and see how God's people face change...and how faithful God is through those changes.

I'm not sure I'll start another series study for a bit; I may just do a 'what's on my heart this week' for a season.  We are in Lent, and for whatever reason I've decided to go back and re read old posts.  I'm finding some areas in which I had an insight but...as is typical of me...I haven't fully implemented those insights.

Ouch.

But I have thoroughly enjoyed this little set of character studies; I appreciate the feedback I've gotten on the study -- blog comments, facebook comments and other responses.  It's fun to be surprised that someone read the post...

My creative has been intrigued and I've got some off-blog writing projects going based on the inspiration I got from looking at all of these folks and considering how they, as real people, experienced and processed those events.  So, while I'll be focusing on other areas in the blog for a while, I rather expect to come back to 'All Things New'  at some point in the future.

I have a feeling this is going to be something I look at, off and on, for quite some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment