Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Movin' On

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Can I just be honest?  I'm really struggling with moving forward.  In so many ways, I feel as if I've been boxed up...and, while I'm certain there's a way out of the box, I haven't found it yet.

Part of the reason is that to find the opening, I have to move somehow.  And it's really, really tempting to just sit where I am and stare at the side of the box in front of me.

But that doesn't do anyone any good.

So, last night I took a deep breath and did something I've wanted to do for a long time...I applied to Rita Springer's Dive School .  It's a week long intensive that focuses on releasing the creative...or, as Rita has described it when she's spoken about it on her visits to our church, she 'throws courage on women'.

Well...I'm pretty low on the courage meter right now.

And the plain fact is that I have not ever been in a position to have a true spiritual mentor.  A week of sitting in a mentoring environment sounds amazing...even though I realize it is going to involve peeling and prying and breaking.

I've come 'round to see that it's time to go to a new level...forget what is behind and press on...although I'm pretty clueless as how to do that.

Maybe this is a start.  Maybe the way out of the box is up.

It feels right, anyway.

ETA later that day...I got the email.  I'm going to Dive in October...woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment