Friday, February 15, 2013

Verse 4 - Micah 2:13

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

It's been just exactly a year since the contractor cleaned up his work, packed his tools and went on to other jobs.

Not because our job was finished, but because we'd gone as far as we could go with the resources we had.

All the resources we could muster together, actually.  So the project wrapped up at the end of phase 1.

Phase 2 is a new door.  On Leap Day last year, I posted a photo of the spot where the door is destined to go, and a list of the scriptures that I had written on the wall that will come down.

Today, as I pondered what my fourth verse for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team should be, I walked through the den and opened the blinds on the windows that will be replaced by a large, light filled sliding door, and realized I had gone slack on declaring the verses over the situation.

And it's no wonder...in the past year, the rest of the insulation for the project (along with a few boxes of other stuff...) has moved from the garage to the porch.  It makes sense for it to be there, but... I can't see the verses to declare them

I suppose we must be closer to being in a position to finish than we were a year ago; we've had a year to fill in the financial holes we dug to just get the room enclosed and stable.  But we're still a long way from having the resources we need to knock out the wall and windows and put in the door.

So I decided I need a warfare verse; a verse that I can declare every time I open the blinds.  So verse number four is Micah 2:13, which is visible in the middle of the wall:

One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out.  Their king will pass through before them, the LORD at their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment