Tuesday, December 4, 2012

'Tis the Season

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi



I posted this to my Facebook wall, just so I could find it and play it when I find myself forgetting.

And as I did I wondered ...what would happen if we all behaved as if Linus were really right?  That Christmas really is all about Immanuel, God With Us?  How would my December...my church...my neighborhood...our country...be different?

Oh, sure, we do the shepherds and wise men and sing the carols, but...really...could anyone who didn't know anything about Christmas watch the behavior of American Christians and know what it was all about?

For some reason, it seems more important to me this year to focus on the birth of Christ...the event that started the countdown to the cross...the life that divided time (even if we did the math wrong).

He took on flesh and dwelt among us.  It is a marvelous thing. A wondrous thing.

What Christmas is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment