Saturday, August 11, 2012

No Thru Traffic, part 2

A bit of revelation about the change in roadway I lamented a few weeks back ...

I heard an explanation for the removed bit of road when I was at my class reunion... several years back, there was a horrific accident at that first stoplight past the overpass: an eastbound trucker apparently missed the signage stating that the interstate traffic should exit onto the southbound loop and came over that overpass with no idea that he was no longer on the interstate. With the early morning sun in his eyes, he didn't even see the stoplights and plowed into several stopped cars at full speed.

Something like 6 people died.

I see now why all traffic must exit.

And it's still a good spiritual analogy...what we think is a roadblock may actually be a protection from something we can't even imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment